Saturday, August 6, 2011

Working Saturday

Good Morning All! My Saturday morning started off with a 2.1 mile run in about 23 minutes. Slow pace, but my legs were tired from my four mile run yesterday! However, tomorrow is my day off and I am ready to relax! After my run I had a nice protein shake. I combined:

1 cup cinnamon hazelnut coffee
1 cup skim milk
1 scoop Muscle Milk Light Whey Protein Powder
A few ice cubes


Blend for about 2-3 minutes. I like blending it for a long time because it makes the milk nice and frothy and makes me feel like I get more out of the shake!


Thrown in my to-go cup and ready for work. I even had extra for another cup!!! At work I enjoyed a great breakfast of overnight oats. I got this recipe from Kath Eats Real Food. The recipe is pretty simple:

1/3 cup oatmeal (I used strawberry flavored)
1/3 cup skim milk
1/3 cup non fat greek yogurt
1 tbsp chia seed
Dash of cinnamon

Add all the ingredients together in a bowl and let sit overnight. You can eat it right out of the fridge or I heat it for around 30 seconds to make it a little warm. You can add anything you want to the oats. My friend Christina does banana and coconut in hers, sometimes peanut butter! I crumbled some of my homemade granola bars on top (recipe will be posted today) to add some texture to the oatmeal.


With my oatmeal I had some of the Youthberry Tea I bought a few months ago from Teavana. Super fruity and doesn't need an ounce of sugar!!



Well I am off for the day. Going to do a mid-afternoon workout with Christina  to break up our day from work a little! Have a lovely Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment