Sunday, February 27, 2011

Italian Chicken Quesadilla

This recipe came from my friend Jim! One night his wife Stephanie (my VA best friend) and I were hungry but weren't sure what we wanted. Therefore, Jim being the super creative man he is made an Italian Quesadilla with proscuitto, artichoke hearts and some mozzarella. I decided to steal his idea tonight for dinner. I didn't have proscuitto but I did have some chicken breast with some veggies!First I diced up some red onion, garlic, green bell pepper, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and chicken up!


I used a Flat Out Tortilla for my Quesadilla. They are fantastic for wraps and thin crust pizzas! I like Flat Out brand because their wraps are high in protein and dietary fiber!


Next I sprayed my pan with some Pam cooking spray, placed the tortilla down, and then the added my toppings. I added a little bit of salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper. Yummy...


Then I folded the tortilla in half and let it brown on one side. Make sure not to put the heat too high or the outside will burn and nothing will be cooked in the inside.


Then flip..

It took about 7 minutes to cook, all done!!!



Next, I just cut it up into four slices, sprinkled a little bit of Parmesan cheese on top. A side of marinara to dip my delicious quesadilla in!


Tasty...


It was super delicious. I had a lot left over so I decided to pack another one for lunch tomorrow at work. All I have to do is put it on a plate and throw it in the microwave until it's melty and delicious!



All packed and even a side of marinara :)


I hope you all enjoy! I sure did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment