Sunday, March 20, 2011

Scrambled Egg Muffins

So I decided to try and revamp the other recipe I did for the Quiche's to go. They weren't bad, but I wasn't the biggest fan. Therefore, I found a recipe on this amazing website that I am obsessed with for scrambled egg muffins. They are low in carbs and high in protein! First you need 9 eggs



Crack the 9 eggs and place them in a large mixing bowl.


Add 1/4 cup reduced fat cheese (I used 2% mozzarella, spinach, 1/3 cup spelt flour, 1 diced tomato ( I used the left over salsa I had from the Turkey Southwestern Salad, salt, pepper, and then add any additional seasonings you would like.


Whisk them all together


Then put them in muffin tins. The recipe makes 12 muffins.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, let the muffins bake for around 25-30 minutes


TAH DAH!

They are absolutely delicious...


And super healthy!


I know you want to see another close up...




Yummy! I packed two of them for breakfast this morning along with some Greek yogurt and berries! Such a great way to start off the day, especially when your day starts at 4am!

No comments:

Post a Comment