Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Norfolk, VA and some pizza!

On Sunday I came down to Norfolk, VA to visit my brother Rick, his wife Amanda, and my new beautiful nephew Little Rick. My dad came up from Raleigh for the week so we had a little family reunion. What does the King family do when we get together??? We cook, and cook, and cook! Tonight we did pizza! My brother makes his own dough, which is awesome, so we decided to make a few pizzas!

My Dad and brother in the kitchen!



My brother's dog, Dude, watching all of the cooking.



My brother made me a whole wheat pizza dough (recipe will be posted soon!) I added some peppers, mushrooms, Italian sausage, and turkey pepperoni to my pizza.

Before...


I put a little bit of olive oil on the crust along with lots of seasonings to give it some flavor. I used Italian seasoning, Garlic Salt (only a little), and some crushed red pepper flakes.


Place the pizza in an oven at 425 degrees for 15 minutes and......


VIOLA!



Tasty pizza!



It was sooo good



My brother made himself a traditional white dough pizza with about every type of meat you could think of on top of it. He decided to do a Parmesan Cheese crust.



Zoom in on the crust...



My brother and Dad made up a batch of wings for everyone. They made their own sauce with honey, hot sauce, butter, crushed red pepper flakes and some secret ingredients. They were great (of course I had to try ONE) they were sweet at first then had a great back heat to them.



Everyone in the living room enjoying the pizza. We made enough food for an army, seriously. So many left overs.


Me hanging out with my little nephew, he was showing off his Buddha belly to everyone.


Ricky with little Rick


I am basically in a food coma! Hope you all are enjoying your night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment