Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chocolate Ricotta Cream!

I have been trying to experiment with some new food. I am a self proclaimed CARBOHOLIC! However, due to Doctor's orders I need to start cutting down my carbs and replacing them with protein. I really needed something sweet tonight and I found this recipe from the South Beach Diet book for a Vanilla Ricotta Cream. I decided to try and jazz it up a little bit.

First I took two cups of part skim ricotta cheese.


The recipe calls for part skim ricotta, some vanilla extract, and a sugar substitute. I decided to jazz it up a little bit by replacing the vanilla extract with almond extract and then added some cinnamon, hot cocoa mix, and some dark chocolate chips, and a wee bit of coconut.


First I threw the ricotta cheese, 1/2 tsp almond extract, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, and 1 tbsp trivia into a bowl.


Next I took a spoon and mixed the ingredients. Once the ingredients were blended I added the dark chocolate chips.


Then 1/4 cup almonds


Finally I garnished the cream with a little coconut and threw it in the fridge to sit overnight. You can eat it right away, but I made extra and wanted some for the rest of the week.


Ta Dah!

The recipe took no more than five minutes and was super delicious. The original recipe without the added tid bits was 173 calories, 10 grams of fat, 15 grams of protein and 7 grams of carbs. My version was 247 calories, 13.7 grams of fat, 15.5 carbs, and 15.5 grams of protein. A little heavier in calories, but a delicious treat to enjoy occasionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment