Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Morning Berry Muffins and Egg Bake for Dad


On Monday morning I was up super early! I wanted to bake some goodies for my Dad to have for the week for breakfast. He doesn't like to cook for just himself (he is an amazing cook!) because he lives by himself. Therefore, I wanted to make sure he was good and fed through out the week. I had some blueberries, strawberries, and pecans to work with so I decided to make a berry muffin. 

Dry
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 cup oat flour
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/2 cup pecans
1tsp baking soda


Wet
1 cup apple sauce
1/2 cup coffee
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup fat free milk
1 tbsp vanilla
blueberries
strawberries 

Put all dry ingredients in one bowl and all wet in the other!



Combine wet to dry and mix!



Add strawberries and blueberries



Place 1/3 cup mixture into a greased pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes



YUMMY! Apparently I overflowed some muffins so I only got 11 muffins out of the recipe.


The muffins came out delicious


While the muffins were baking, I made an egg bake for my Dad for breakfast. My dad is not a big sweets person and man does he love eggs for breakfast! I usually make egg bakes for myself with lots of veggies and lean protein, but for my dad I made one that I call "The Man Bake"

I cooked about a quarter pound of bacon and maple sausage in a pan. After it was finished I placed it in the bottom of a pie tin. I took a baking potato and used a cheese grader to shred it. This made the potatoes super thin and harsh brown like.  I topped the bacon, sausage, and potato with salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, etc. Add whatever spices you would look. I then topped the dish with an egg mixture that consisted 8 whole eggs, a little bit of milk, and basil.



I topped the egg bake with some slices of provolone cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes on 425 degrees. I topped it with aluminum foil for the first ten minutes and then removed it with the last 10 minutes and topped it with tomatoes.


Before


After


Look how good!!


I had a muffin...cross section! Love the colors!!!




My dad took a huge chunk of the egg bake!



Absolutely delicious! My dad absolutely loved it!!!


It was really good. Salty from the bacon and sweet from the maple sausage. My dad loved it so much he practically ate the entire thing in one day! I guess he didn't get it was supposed to last a week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment