Wednesday, August 10, 2011

5 Mile Run and Whole Foods for Lunch


Today is day three of my 9-7 shifts at work..not fun, but luckily I will have a three day weekend!!! This morning I started off with a 5 mile tempo run. A tempo run is basically setting a standard pace for the mileage you are going to run. I am not a long distance runner by any means, especially in this ridiculous heat we have been experiencing lately. Therefore this morning I wanted to run my 5 miles at a tempo of 11 minutes per mile, below were my splits:

Mile 1: 11:10
Mile 2: 10:53
Mile 3: 11:40
Mile 4: 11:51
Mile 5: 11:02

I finished the 5 miles in 56:46.  I tend to get impatient when running, I just want to get it over with as fast as possible. Therefore, I tend to really go hard the first mile or two and then fizzle quickly. It tends to be very hard for me to set a pace and stick with it through out the run. However, today I felt I did pretty well! Some miles were a bit longer than others, but the main goal was to finish and I did :)

For lunch I met my friend Christina at Whole Foods to pick up some grub!



Sorry for the picture quality the photos were taken with my camera on my phone.

I got a fresh mozzarella, roasted tomato, and basil slice of pizza. Was absolutely delicious! It was a HUGE slice and yes I ate the whole thing!


I was craving some veggies so I made myself a small salad from the salad bar. I picked up some sliced tomatoes with cilantro and ginger,  some green beans,  a Bulgar salad, and a Greek salad with tri-colored peppers, red onion, cucumbers, chicken, and feta cheese!


Paired with some green tea, made specially by Ms. Christina, and I was all set in lunch heaven!!!! Off to work now and then home to pack for my trip to North Carolina tomorrow!!! Apparently, I have been told that I will do some baking while I am down there so I will share everything with you all this weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment