Sunday, August 7, 2011

Homemade Granola Bars

This week I am starting my half marathon training plan (I will try and post it for everyone!) Lately I have been having trouble running, been a bit unmotivated. Therefore, I found a half marathon in Raleigh on November 6th that I am going to sign up for! My half marathon training plan forced me to increase my mileage substantially and I need to properly fuel myself before going out for the runs. I usually hate running on a really full stomach so I came up with these granola bars to eat before I go!

Dry

2 c oats
1 1/2 c sunflower seeds
1/2 c pumpkin seeds
1/2 c coconut
1/2 c chia seed
1/2 c flax meal
1/3 c JR's cinnamon drops
1/3 c dark chocolate chips


WET

1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c honey
1/2 c nonfat Greek yogurt
2 very ripe bananas
1 tbsp apple butter 

Put all the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in another. 


Mix the wet ingredients together. Add the dry ingredients slowly mixing as you go.



Mix all the ingredients together.This will take a little bit of muscle work!!



I sprayed a baking dish with PAM and added the granola mix into the pan. Make sure it is spread evenly for baking! Once the bars were uniform I sprinkled them with a dash of cinnamon!


Bake in the oven at 320 degrees for about 20-25 minutes



YUMMY! I took a small bite when they came out to taste test them :)



Close up!


After they cooled I cut them up into small squares and placed them in little baggies. I left four out and then threw the rest in the freezer so they wouldn't go bad. Now I can just take them out and let them thaw the night before my run!!


Packed full of tasty goodness!


Cross section view...


They are perfect. Not too sweet, but just sweet enough!



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment