Friday, August 5, 2011

Happy Friday Everyone

Happy Friday Everyone :) I started my morning off with a nice 4.02 mile run!!! It has been really hard for me to run since my 9K disaster on fourth of July. I signed up for an 8k that was thrown by a local running group and was super excited because it only cost me $8 and it was a small group of about 250 people. Well 4th of July came and it was HUMID! I was sweating just standing there. On top of that the running group screwed up the path and we ended up running 5.75 miles instead of the 8k (4.97 miles). I had at most ran 5 miles to train for the 8k so I was not prepared. Also, the running group FORGOT TO PUT A WATER TABLE OUT! WHO DOES THAT???? When I ran a 5k in June they had two water stops for 3.1 miles! The run was absolutely miserable and ever since that day I have had difficulty with running past 3 miles.

However, this morning I broke free of the 3 mile rut!!! I am not where I want to be, but it is a start. I am contemplating signing up for a half marathon that is being hosted in Raleigh in November! I have looked up a training plan (have an application on my phone) so I believe I might do it!

After my run I enjoyed a nice thick smoothie. In my smoothie there was:

1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 cup fat free milk
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 cup frozen mixed berry fruit

I needed some texture to my super thick smoothie so I crumbled up some of my homemade granola bars (recipe coming soon) on top :)



The purple color matches my room!!! I love purple!!!


It was delicious! Sweet yet tart. Perfect way to start off my morning. Plus it is full of protein and vitamin c which is great because I think I am coming down with a cold..not good

My great boss stopped and got me a venti Passion tea from Starbucks to make my morning brighter! She is so nice.


Well I am off to start my lovely day. Long day today and tomorrow, but I have Sunday off! Christina and I are planning on hitting up the Farmers Market in Dupont Circle. So excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment