Thursday, August 4, 2011

Billy Goat Trail

The other day I was searching threw my camera and was delighted to find some pictures of when I went to the Billy Goat Trails in Great Falls, MD! I remember that day, it was absolutely gorgeous, not a cloud in the sky. I decided at last minute that I didn't want to waste the day indoors so I grabbed my camera and off I went!

The Billy Goat Trail is located about a half hour away from Washington DC and  has three different sections, A, B, and C. I decided that I was going to hike Section A which is a mild easy hike.  Below is a photo tour of some of the scenery I had the pleasure of enjoying! 




I don't really know what the purpose of this boat is or anything. Just thought it was cool looking


This picture reminded me of something you would see in an old Hollywood movie. Imagine it in black and white!


Another :)

Beaver dam. I just find them so cool looking. Imagine the amount of work it takes for one or two small beavers to build something this insane??


Small water fall


Old wooden dam.

One of the waterfalls on the way to the Great Falls overlook














Great Falls overlook...








After I took these pictures I went on my hike, which I realized I never took any pictures of...EPIC FAIL! However, I do have some pictures coming from when I was tricked into hiking Old Rag...NOT COOL 

No comments:

Post a Comment