Monday, April 11, 2011

Dark Chocolate Muffins

So I decided to try and make my own dark chocolate muffins the other day. My friend Christina and I love the ones served at Greenberry downstairs from where we work. Needless to say they aren't the healthiest. Therefore, I created my own!


Dry:

  • 1.5 C whole wheat pastry flour
  • 1 C oats
  • 1/3 C ground flaxseed
  • 1/3 C walnuts (optional)
  • 1/8 C brown sugar
  • 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 tbsp unsweetened dark chocolate powder


Wet:

  • 1 C apple sauce
  • 3/4 C skim milk (or dairy substitute)
  • 1/3 C pure maple syrup
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 1 cup dark chocolate chips


Combine all dry ingredients....


And all the wet ingredients...



Then mix!


YUMMY


Next, place them into muffin tins. I decided to try and experiment with the mix. I made regular dark chocolate muffins then added some strawberries to some and then peanut butter to others. The way to do it is to fill half the muffin tin and then add the ingredients and then top it off with more batter.



Peanut Butter!!!


Place them in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. BEFORE...



After!

Yummy! They turned out so good.



To make them look pretty you could add some powdered sugar, coconut, or a chocolate drizzle!




No comments:

Post a Comment