Monday, August 8, 2011

Egg Bake :)

Hey Everyone!

I had Sunday off work and decided to come up with a quick egg recipe that I could have left overs for this week. I work 9-7 and I find it really hard to eat breakfast before I go to work. Therefore, on Sundays I usually prep my food for the following week.

This recipe is super simple and tasty!!!

First I took 4 eggs and 6 egg whites and put them in a bowl 



Next I took the left over ground chicken burgers I had and sauteed them up with salt and pepper


While the chicken was cooking I cut up my vegetables. Use whatever veggies you have in the fridge, anything will work. I used spinach and mushrooms!



Next once the chicken was cooked through I broke it up with a spoon and added some garlic. I let it cook for about two minutes.


Then I added my spinach and mushrooms to the pan. Cook the ingredients until the spinach wilts.


While that was cooking I whisked my eggs with about 1/3 cup of fat free milk. I added fresh basil and oregano with some salt and pepper. Add whatever seasonings you like!


I added 1/4 cup golden flax meal to the eggs along with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese


Once the spinach wilts (below) the vegetables are done. Don't over cook them because they will be going into the oven!


Next I sprayed a casserole dish with some PAM and added the chicken and mushroom mixture to the pan.


Top with the eggs!


Easy!!!


I had some Tuscan goat cheese left so I topped off the egg bake with slices of it!!! So Yummy!!




Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes!


VOILA!



Super easy to make and absolutely delicious!


Cross section shot!


Another one!


I paired my egg bake with a multigrain light English muffin and an apple! I was already for breakfast!!


Paired with a glass of water and some coffee


This breakfast took no more than 30 minutes and no provides me with breakfast for the rest of the week! Prepping is always key when trying to eat healthy. Pick one day during the week and try to prep as much food as possible for the week ahead. You will feel better knowing you have nutritional choices and you won't have to rush something together mid-week!

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment