Thursday, August 11, 2011

Caramel Apple Muffins

Today I am heading to North Carolina!!!! I have a three day weekend for work and want to spend some time with my Dad, so after work I am heading down there and RELAXING all weekend :) After work last night I was in the mood to bake something new. I am so happy with what I came up with!!! Super delicious and easy to make!

Wet Ingredients 

1 1/2 cups apple sauce
1/2 cup fat free milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup maple syrup




Dry Ingredients

1 1/2  cups whole wheat pastry flour
1 cup oats
1/8 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup coconut
1/3 cup walnut
1/3 cup golden flax meal
1/3 cup JR cinnamon chips
1 tsp baking soda
Dash of cloves
Dash of nutmeg



Mixed dry with wet



Combine the ingredients until they are mixed thoroughly. However, do not over mix! If you over mix whole wheat pastry flour it gets a sticky consistency and comes out dense in baking.



Next spray a muffin tin with PAM and fill each cup with about 1/8 cup of the apple mixture



Next add the caramels on top of the mixture. I just bought your standard individually wrapped caramels from the super market



Finally, add about another 1/8 cup mixture on top of the caramel. Next combine about 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/8 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup walnuts and top the muffins with the mixture!



My camera battery died so I didn't get a photo of the muffins before they went into the oven (GO FIGURE!) Bake the muffins at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes or until fork ready!



The finished product




Cross section shot! Look at that caramel!!!



Absolutely delicious!




Of course I had to sample one! They came out perfect, not too sweet, but just sweet enough :)



I packed them in an empty baking dish! I need to purchase a muffin/cupcake carrier for when I bring them on long trips. I hope everyone in North Carolina likes them!



I am meeting Stephanie for lunch today so I packed her two! She would kill me if I didn't!!




Now I am off at work. Can't wait to grab lunch with Stephanie and get onto the road to North Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment