Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Old Rag


A few months ago I took a trip with my friend Chris to hike Old Rag. Now the story is that Chris was trying for weeks to get me to hike Old Rag and I REFUSED to do it. I thought it would be way to challenging and that I couldn't handle it. Therefore, Chris made up a lie...an evil lie..saying we were going to hike a less challenging trail to get me to come along. I should have known for the beginning he would trick me into this! However, all in all, it was a great time until when we were coming down the mountain and saw a diamond back rattlesnake. Needless to say, I hauled ass down the mountain faster than I could even tell you...Chris couldn't even keep up!  Below is a photo tour of my adventure!





I thought this cabin was really cool looking. It had an antique run down quality to it


Considering the real estate market is ridiculous in the DC metro area this cabin probably is at least a couple hundred thousands of dollars to buy!



The beginning of the trail




Beautiful day, warm mid 80s, not too hot!



This should have been hint number one that we were hiking Old Rag, yet never caught it



Its like a sonic the hedgehog tree



Trying to take a picture and Chris had to get in the middle of it.



These flowers were so pretty and smelled amazing!


Close-up






Thought this was pretty cool looking




This is when we started getting a little higher in elevation.




So pretty



We decided to camp out here for like 20 minutes and eat some food. Chris made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and I made homemade granola bars. Chris enjoying his sandwich! He likes giving thumbs up



The view from where we were having lunch



Don't know them, but thought the picture came out cool





Oh Chris, always getting in the way of a good shot.



Great picture minus Chris's head in the corner




Chris taking in the scenery



This is the view right before you start rock climbing.



Look how beautiful that is



I love that you can see the small towns below.



That was the last picture I got before rock climbing..it was pretty extreme. Although I was tricked into hiking Old Rag I am glad I did it. Lesson learned: never doubt that I am not strong enough to do something! Very after school tv show lesson right there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment