Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bagels and Babies

Today I was woken up by my beautiful little nieces at 6:45am. It seems that they kept my poor sister and brother in law up all night! They are teething and the poor things are a little bit fussy. My sister went back to bed and left me in charge of the girls. The girls were just not having it so I decided to take them out for a walk. I was going to go for a run, but it was already humid as hell and to be quite honest I wanted to relax. Therefore, I put the girls in the double wide (stroller) and we went for a walk.

On our walk we went by my FAVORITE queens breakfast spot, Whitestone Bagels!!! I decided to pick up some small stuff for breakfast for my sister and I!






I picked up two of their delicious muffins!!! I picked up their raspberry almond muffin for myself and the best muffin ever, THE OREO COOKIE MUFFIN!!!





SOOOO TASTY




OREO!



I am a firm believer that you should never deny your body of something it wants. If you want a slice of pizza, some french fries, chocolate, whatever your guilty pleasure then do it. However, make sure you becareful about portion!!!! What I did was take 1/4 of the raspberry muffin and 1/4 of the oreo muffin and then threw a crap load of fruit and a greek yogurt. Try and balance out the bad with the good. Don't just eat the whole muffin and thats all because that is just a lot of empty calories. At least with fruit and some yogurt you are getting added nutrients with your splurge.
VOLIA!




It was absolutely delicious aand I was super duper full! Well my nieces are down for a nap so I am going to get ready for the day!!! Heading back to Virginia tonight (so sad) and will miss my nieces, brother-in-law, and my sister. Thank you for having me guys!!





No comments:

Post a Comment