Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Super Charge Me Cookies

So I am obsessed with desserts. When I say obsessed I am putting it VERY mildly. Whenever I find a healthy recipe for a dessert I HAVE to try it out. Therefore, when I came across the recipe for Super Charge Me Cookies it took me literally two seconds to go out and buy the ingredients to try it out! This is what you need:

1 cup quick oats (all I had was rolled oats and they worked just fine)
2/3 spelt flour
1/3 ground flax Meal (picture of flax seed is below is shown below. I used to by accident and the cookies still came out fine.)

1/4 tsp (rounded) sea salt
1/4 – 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/8 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (optional, I did not use them)
1/4 –1/3 cup raisins or chopped dried fruit
3–4 tbsp carob or chocolate chips (optional; or use more dried fruit, nuts, or seeds)
1 tsp baking powder

(Dry Ingredients)

1/2 cup pure maple syrup

3 tbsp almond butter (may use cashew, peanut, hemp seed butter)

1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract

2 tbsp organic olive oil


Mix the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet in the other.


(Wet)


Mix all the ingredients into one bowl. Add any type of dried fruit, nuts, coconut, etc. I was making these for my brother and he is super picky so I stuck to dark chocolate chips and whole unsalted almonds.



My roommate Brett wanted credit for helping stir them. The great things about these cookies is that you can eat the dough raw because there are no raw eggs or anything in them. Plus the dough is AWESOME raw!

Now stick them on a baking sheet. The oven needs to be at 350 degrees.


Bake them for 13 minutes AT MOST. I baked mine for around 10 because my oven cooks a hell of a lot faster than most. If you cook them for over 13 minutes or they will dry out.


TAHHH DAHHH!


Look at that!


Delicious and nutritious.


Flax seed/meal and spelt flour as so super nutritious. The more dried fruit and nuts you put in them the better! However, don't eat a thousand of them because they still have some fat in them!

Enjoy all! I know I will

No comments:

Post a Comment