Saturday, August 21, 2010

Homework!! Already??

Well as you all know I am going back to school on Monday! I am looking forward to getting my prerequisites done so I can start my Masters program ASAP! Well the good news is that I found out I do not have to take two extra classes I originally thought I was going to need! This means I can get school done sooner and start applying to colleges very very soon!

I got my syllabus for my first class on Monday (Biology 101) yesterday and was shocked and horrified to find out that I already had an assignment due for that day. I couldn't believe it! My books were still at the bookstore, I figured I would pick them up after class on Monday, but apparently I needed them sooner. I literally dropped what I was doing and went immediately to the college book store.

Now I just have to actually DO the homework. I am working late tonight, but should be done early tomorrow so guess how I am spending my Sunday night??? Thats right doing good old fashioned homework.

I decided I needed a nice breakfast to get me through my busy day. I made myself my go-to powerhouse breakfast sandwich. It is so simple and quick to make. I take two slices of whole wheat bread and put a thin layer of all natural peanut butter. Then I top the breakfast sandwich off with some banana, almond, and cinnamon. VIOLA!

It is so good. Its a great combination of salty, sweet, crunchy, everything!

After breakfast I was off to try another yoga class at Radiance Yoga. I decided to try Kundalini Yoga and Mediation Class. "
Kundalini yoga classes use breath, movement, mantra, and meditation to heal the mind, body, and spirit. Each class consists of a kriya which is a series of postures taught in sequence to produce a desired effect. Teachers choose from thousands of kriyas designed to help students deepen their awareness, connect with their creative energy, open the heart, stimulate the immune, glandular and nervous system, and balance the chakras. Classes are open to students at all levels of experience."It was interesting to say the least. I don't know if it was really for me, however. We did a lot of leg and core work, which killed me because I was super sore from Advanced Kickboxing. Oh well that is why you should try new things out, never know til you try!

No comments:

Post a Comment