Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yoga Time

Hello All!!

Today was a busy day. I did a 2.09 mile run this morning at 8:30am. I was having a lot of trouble controlling my breathing and had to stop over and over again. I think its because I have been running a lot faster because I haven't been running with Lola. You always have to realize that some runs are going to be great and others are going to flat out SUCK! Sometimes your body just needs rest, other times it may be the weather, or maybe you just aren't really into it.

Work was very very slow. Luckily I was very excited to get work over with because today I decided that I was going to try my first Yoga class! I have only taken yoga once before (in college) and I really wasn't a fan. However, I needed to change up my workout routine because I am starting to get a little bored with running and kickboxing.

I started classes at Radiance Yoga which have a great deal for newbies. They do one month unlimited for $50! That is extremely cheap for yoga studios, trust me I have been researching them for the last month! I did a class called Yin Yoga and LOVED IT. It was so extremely relaxing and my body feels great.

Yin yoga is a slow and deep practice to stretch the connective tissues and joints of the hips, thighs and lower spinal area. Unlike the muscles, which are more yang parts of our bodyies - the parts that like repitition and movement-the connective tissues need to be addressed with a quite attitude of acceptance. The postures are all practiced on the floor and each is held for about three to five minutes.

Yin Yoga balances the yin and yang aspect of ourselves, encourages the flow of prana, helps maintain the health of the connective tissues, and helps us develop a mindful meditation practice.

It was unbelievably relaxing and I left class feel rejuvenated and so relaxed. This is what I really needed! I am trying to "destress" my life a little and yoga will definitely help when my school starts. Trying to balance school and work is going to be tough, but I know I can do it!

Well it is off to bed! Advanced kickboxing in the morning. Recipes to come this weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment