Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Chicken "Parm"

My coworker and I were discussing Italian food today at work. I haven't had any Italian food in a while so I decided to go home and make some. I really wanted chicken parm, however, had no breadcrumbs at my apartment. Therefore, I jazzed up a healthier version of chicken parm that required no breadcrumbs. First, I filled a pan with water and put it on medium heat and place a frying pan with some Olive Oil.

While the pan is heating, trim all the access fat off of the chicken breast and lightly season them with salt and pepper.


I used canned organic diced tomatoes

And a whole bunch of chopped off vegetables. I chopped up some zuccinni, red peppers, onions, and some garlic

I wait until the pan is hot (the olive oil will ripple) and place the chicken in the sauté pan. I cook it for about 3 minutes on one side and flip the chicken breast when they are browned on one side.


I cook the second side of the chicken breast for 3 minutes and then throw all of the vegetables in the pan with the kitchen. I also added some grape tomatoes for texture and flavor.

Once the water in the sauce pot is boiling add the pasta. I used organic whole wheat pasta. Cook the pasta until its al dente.


Once the vegetables have cooked for 7 minutes I add the can of diced tomatoes to the chicken. I add oregano, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, and fresh basil.


Let it cook for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally.


sooo gooooood....


Once the pasta is done I drain it and let it cool while the sauce simmers.


I add a handful of Parmesan cheese to the sauce.


VIOLA! Now just give it one last mix


Plate it up and add some fresh basil!



I made a lot of sauce! I threw it into some Tupperware to make some pizza with!!



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment