Thursday, July 22, 2010

Turkey Bean Chili

Chili is one of my favorite things to make! It's super easy and cooks all day when I am at work. I usually prep it the night before, let it sit overnight in the fridge, and then throw it in a crockpot. Here is the recipe for the chili I made!


Turkey Bean Chili

1 pound lean ground turkey
1 (28oz) can organic diced tomatoes
1 small can organic tomato sauce
1/2 onion diced
1 bell pepper diced
1 can organic garbanzo beans
2 cans organic black beans
1 can organic kidney beans
1 bag frozen corn
1 jalapeƱo diced
2 tbsp chili powder
fresh cilantro

I take all of the ingredients and mix them together. Make sure to drain and rinse off all of your beans before placing them in the pot!! Then I give them a good stir!


The next morning I pull it out of the fridge and place it in the crockpot and turn it on low. DO NOT preheat the crockpot and place the ceramic dish in there cold, it will break!! Leave the crockpot on low for eight hours stirring occasionally.


ALL DONE!

Garnish a bowl with some reduced fat shredded Mexican cheese and more fresh cilantro



Looks great doesn't it? It is super simple! It was also great coming home and knowing I didn't have to cook and that dinner was at home waiting for me! This chili is packed with protein (all of the beans) and lots of vegetables. Plus, it made so much I have plenty left over for lunch tomorrow, I froze some for a later date, and even brought some into work for a friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment