Thursday, July 15, 2010

Lemon Garlic Chicken

There is nothing more delicious then CHICKEN! I absolutely love roasting chicken! I live by myself so I will make a large 6lb chicken and then use all of the left overs to make food for the week!

First you start off by cleaning the chicken with water and removing the gizzards. GROSS! I know but they usually come in a bag so you can just throw them right away. After cleaning the chicken let it dry on a roasting rack and preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

While the oven is preheating I cut up some onion, lemon, and garlic to stick inside the cavity of the chicken. This will cause them to heat up and infuse the chicken with their juices, making a nice moist tender chicken!


Then I take some seasonings, salt, pepper, oregano, and poultry seasoning and apply them generously to the chicken. If you have fresh oregano feel free to use it! Then I add a little Olive Oil to the chicken and rub it into the skin.

Next I take some carrots, potatoes, and onions and cut them to equal sizes. I put them in the bottom of the roasting pan with some chicken stock to keep them from burning to the bottom of the pan.

Chicken is all ready to go into the oven.

Let the chicken cook for about an hour. Make sure to keep an eye on it!

While the chicken is cooking I make the basing liquid. All I take is some Olive Oil, garlic, lemon juice, chicken broth, and oregano and mix it all together in a bowl. Use this sauce to base the chicken after it has baked an hour. It will give the skin a great flavor and make it very crispy!

The chicken should take 1 hour and 45 minutes to cook on 400 degrees. Once the chicken is finished take it out of the oven and let it sit there for about 15 minutes. This ensures the juices don't escape once you start cutting into it.

HMMMMM...
Tasty!


Now what happened to me is when I cut into the chicken it was still a little undercooked. Have no fear! Just cut up the chicken and place it back in the pan. It will cook faster and shouldn't take long at all to cook completely through.

FINISHED!

It was absolutely delicious! Stayed tuned this week to find out what recipes I used all the left over chicken for!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment