Thursday, July 22, 2010

3.1 mile run

This morning I did what I thought was near impossible, I ran a 5k. It wasn't in a race or anything, but I woke up this morning at 5:30am and decided I wanted to do something different from kickboxing. My whole life I have made fun of the people who wake up at the ass crack of dawn to go running. I've always thought, what the hell is wrong with you?

But this morning I decided to challenge myself and see what I could do. I grabbed my Driod, which has an awesome program called Cardio Tracker! It's completely free for the phone and it tracks how many miles you ran/walk/biked, the amount of calories you burned, your average speed, and the time! Also, you can choose to save all of your workouts so you can see how you have been improving over the last few months.

I ran whenever I am in the mood. If my body doesn't want to go for a run then I won't. This is a good attitude to have if you aren't a trained runner. If you force your body to workout when it doesn't want to then working out becomes a choir more than fun! These are the results I got from the last few times I ran and tracked it!

This morning I decided to run and take my dog Lola with me! We ran together 3.1 miles in 40 minutes!! Seems like a long time, but I took my time and didn't force myself to die trying to run as fast as I could. I didn't even listen to music on my Driod!

What is great about running with my dog Lola is that she is small and can't run extremely fast for long periods of time. She forces me to keep a steady pace while running which I LOVE! After the run I felt awesome, not physically, but it was amazing to realize how far I have come!!

Lola was super excited to! You would think she would get tired after running that long??? NOPE. She was ready to play some more!



Isn't she adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment