Thursday, July 15, 2010

Chicken Salad

I made a Garlic Lemon Chicken last night and had lots of leftovers! Therefore I decided to use the chicken and make some homemade chicken salad for lunch the next day. First I started off with 1/2 of a tortilla. I like doing half of the tortilla because a whole one is extremely large!


Then I diced some onion, celery, and dried cranberry and added it to the diced chicken.


Next, I grabbed some Greek yogurt and some cumin. I am not a fan of mayo, never have been. Therefore, I always try and find healthy substitutions for mayo. For chicken salad, tuna salad, deviled eggs, etc I use Greek yogurt instead. It's great because it has no real flavor yet mocks the consistency you get with regular mayo. Also because it is flavorless it will take on whatever spices you decide to use with it. I chose curry powder!!

Add as much Greek yogurt as you would mayo. Then toss in some curry powder according to taste and VIOLA! Delicious and healthy chicken salad.


To round out my lunch I take some leftover pineapple and blueberries.

Then add some organic carrots, organic spinach, orangic orange, and some sugar free dark chocolate pudding jello for a snack!

There you go! Another quick and easy five minute lunch for work!

No comments:

Post a Comment